Friday, January 9, 2009
I adopted this recipe from the Food network. The taste is kinda strong from the ground cumin but if you don't like it, you can omit the ground cumin. Overall it just taste like shrimp in buffalo sauce.
1 lime, juiced
2 oz (1/4 cup) hot cayenne pepper sauce
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp crab boil seasoning
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 shallots, chopped
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and divined
12 to 15 blades fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients till blend and set aside.
3. In the heated skillet, add in the olive oil, butter, garlic and shallots for 1 minute. Then add in shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, tossing and turning frequently.
4. Dish out the shrimp and pour into prepared hot seasoning mixture and coat the shrimp evenly.
5. Garnish with chopped chives. Served warm or chilled.