After a month not posting any recipes, I think all my friends must be curious what am I doing. Anyway...I'm back with lots of recipes to share within this month of May. I've been experiencing and searching for new recipes to share with my loyal followers.
So today I would like to share this recipe with all of you which is very yummy and tasty. This is Orange Cranberry Cake topped with Sliced Almonds. Isn't it sound interesting......tell you what.....it even taste delicious with the hint of orange zest, orange juice, cranberries and the crunchiest of the almonds.
To further no more.....hereby is the recipe and happy baking =)
185g unsalted butter
1/4 tsp fine salt
150g fine granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp grated orange zest
190g unbleached cake flour
4 tbsp freshly squeeze orange juice
1/4 cup dried cranberries, tossed with some cake flour
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease the cake pan with some non-stick cooking spray and some flour.
2. Sieve the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Using an electric stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until very pale and creamy for about 20 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a few minutes after each addition. Do not rush the addition of the eggs as mixture will be more likely to separate and develop a curdled appearance. Add the orange zest with the last egg. The batter mixture should be pale and creamy.
4. Add half the flour mixture and blend it until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture. Mix in the orange juice and dried cranberries .
5. Spoon the cake batter into prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Topped the batter with sliced almonds.
6. Bake for about 50-55 minutes, or until a thin-bladed knife or wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The cake should spring back when lightly pressed in the center.
7. Slowly remove the cake from the cake pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
This cake is so delicious and moist. It's best served with some coffee or tea.....ENJOY!!!!!