My family and I love to eat these sesame balls. We usually have them at the chinese restaurant where they served with tim sum. I found this recipe from CD Kitchen and it's my first time making it. It really turns out good and delicious. And is the recipe I would like to share.....
320 g korean sweet potatoes
480 g red bean paste
3 cups glutinous rice flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sesame seeds, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes and drained
1 cup hot water
3 tbsp sugar
1. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small pieces. In a pot of water, add the sweet potatoes and boil until tender. Drain, mashed and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sieve the glutinous rice flour and all purpose flour together. Then add the mashed sweet potatoes and sugar. Knead the mixture with hot water until well mixed.
3. Knead dough into small balls and roll each ball into a round flat shape.
4. Spoon some red bean paste and knead back into balls.
5. Coat the balls with wet sesame seeds and set on a baking sheets.
6. Deep fry the sesame balls on a low heat until the balls are golden and swollen.
7. Drain and served with a cup of hot tea.