Wednesday, January 21, 2009
CHILLED MANGO CHEESECAKE
For the Crust:
150 g Graham crackers
60 g melted butter
For The Filling:
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
125 ml heavy whipping cream
125 g sugar
350 g mango, pureed
2 tbsp gelatin powder
4 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven at 300 F. In a food processor, add the graham crackers and blend till fine. Then gradually add in the melted butter. In a 9-inch spring-form pan, pour in the crust mixture and firmly pressed on the crust. Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool.
2. In a medium glass bowl, add in the gelatin and water. Set aside until spongy. Then set the bowl to a boiling double-boiler until the liquid turns clear and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and gradually add in the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add the dissolved gelatin to the mango puree and mixed in the cheese mixture till incorporated.
5. In another bowl, whipped the cream till stiff and fold in the cheese mixture.
6. Pour in the mixture into the prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before the jelly topping.
For The Jelly Topping
200 g mango, pureed
4 tsp gelatin
2 tsp sugar
8 tbsp water
1. On the double-boiler pan, add in all the ingredients until dissolved. Set aside and let it cool and not set.
2. Pour the topping gently onto chilled cheesecake.
3. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.