Monday, January 19, 2009

BAKED NIAN GAO WITH RED BEAN







At first I thought of steaming the old style of nian gao for Chinese New Year, but I changed my mind to do baking style. I went to the internet and do Google's search for baking nian gao. Then I came to this website with the simple recipe and the result came out simply awesome.


INGREDIENT :

1 lb (500 g) glutinous rice flour
2 1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 can (15 oz) red bean paste



METHOD :

1. Preheat oven at 350 F.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except red bean paste. Beat in high with hand mixer until incorporated.

3. Grease 9 x 13-inch pan. Pour 3/4 of the batter in the pan and bake for 8 minutes.

4. Remove pan from the oven and pour in the red bean paste. Spread the red bean paste evenly on top of the baked batter. Cover the red bean paste with the remaining batter on top. Bake for another 30-50 minutes till the rice cake is done.

No comments: