Sunday, October 7, 2012
PAN FRIED CITRUS SCALLOPS WITH RASPBERRY-POMEGRANATE GLAZE
Love, love this recipe that I found in the internet...
@ Food 52 http://www.food52.com/recipes/15669_citrus_scallops_with_raspberrypomegranate_glaze
The every ingredients in this recipe really comes to a 'WOW' and perfect in every bites. Here is the recipe I would like to share and keep :)
1 pound large scallops
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
2 tbsp pure honey
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp chopped parsley for garnish
some raspberry-pomegranate glazed ( recipe below )
1. Dry the scallops well with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. This help to get a nice caramelized crust on the outside.
2. Saute the seasoned scallops in the olive oil for a couple minutes on each side. Flip when they start to get browned and golden.
3. Meanwhile, combine the lemon and orange zest and juice and honey. Add to the scallops and let the juices cook down and coat the scallops. Make sure do not overcook the scallops. Is recommended to use a large saute or frying pan so that the juices will cook down quickly.
4. Plate the scallops and drizzle with the raspberry-pomegranate glaze. Garnish with some parsley and served.
1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
1/2 cup red wine
1 tbsp reserved raspberry jam
1. Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and reduce by half. You want it to thicken but still be able to drizzle.
2. Optional, but it does make it more elegant - strain the glaze through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds.