This entree really delicious.....the Rolled Chicken Breast is tasty with salty prociutto, provolone cheese, fresh rosemary wrapped inside and a touch with a delicious tomato sauce. The side dish of this entree, I served it with the Champagne Rissotto with Asparagus and this entree also go along well with a glass of good white wine or champagne. Enjoy!!!
Recipe for Rolled Chicken Breast with Tomato Sauce & Basil Oil
This recipe is from ABC Good Morning America by Chef Wolfgang Pucks
4 chicken breast, halves
4 slices prociutto
4 slices provolone cheese
4 fresh basil leaves
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of chili flakes
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp white wine
Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
12 oz jarred tomato sauce
4 tbsp buttered bread crumbs
- Basil oil for garnish *
- Fried basil leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Pound the chicken breast with mallet until 1/4" thick, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 1 slice each of prociutto, basil and provolone cheese. Tuck inside and roll up as for jelly roll. Skewer with bamboo skewer or tie.
3. In a medium size bowl add olive oil, pinch of chili flakes, rosemary, white wine, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together and pour into a baking dish. Place rolled chicken breast on top of the sauce. Sprinkle top of chicken with bread crumbs, cover with parchment paper and aluminum foil, and placed in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove foil and parchment paper. Continue to cook until breadcrumb turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
* For Basil Oil
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 cup olive oil
In boiling salted water, blanch basil for 2 seconds. Refresh in bowl of iced water and drain well. Place on baking tray lined with paper towel and let it dry for 1 hour. Pour olive oil in a blender. Turn machine to puree and slowly add in the basil. Continue to process until pureed and well blended. Transfer to a squirt bottle and allow to steep for a few hours. Use as needed.
Recipe for Champagne Risotto with Asparagus
This recipe is from Chef Giada De Laurentiis
4 thin slices prociutto
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
12 asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp butter, divided
1 shallot, finely chopped
3/4 cup Arborio rice
3/4 cup Champagne
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree Farenheit.
2. Place the slices of prociutto on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until the prociutto slices are almost completely crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. The slices will crisp up even more as they cool. Reserve for garnish.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Blanch the asparagus in the chicken broth for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon. Set the asparagus aside and keep the chicken broth at a low simmer.
4. In another medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp of the butter. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat in the butter. Continue toasting the rice, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes more. Add the Champagne and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering chicken broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the asparagus, remaining butter, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
To Garnish This Entire Entree
Cut the Rolled Chicken Breast into serving bites and placed on the individual serving platter. Then spoon some tomato sauce on top of the chicken.
Spoon the Champagne Rissoto on the side of the chicken and drizzle with some Basil Oil on top of the chicken and risotto.
Garnish the risotto by breaking the crisp prociutto into smaller pieces and topped the chicken with fried basil leaves.