Monday, August 10, 2009

BROILED PEACHES AND MERINGUE


In summer, there are plenty of ripe peaches in the grocery stores and markets. Last week while I was checking my Foodbuzz profile, Kiss Me Spatula sent me a post regarding her new recipe of Peaches and Meringue and her post was selected in the top 9.

I follow step by step of how to make these peaches taste right. My family and I really love this recipe. When you bite on the peaches and the meringue, the combination is just right and tasty. I hereby would like to share this recipe with you'll and happy cooking!!!


INGREDIENTS :

2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
1 large egg white, at room temperature
2 tbsp finely chopped graham crackers


METHODS :

Preheat the boiler. Put the peaches, cut side up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp sugar on each half. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat until tops begin to brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.

Beat egg white with a pinch of salt in a deep bowl using an electric mixer at medium-high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 3 tbsp sugar, beating until white holds stiff, glossy peaks. Then fold in the finely chopped graham crackers.

Place a dollop of meringue on each peach half and broil for about 10 to 15 seconds. Turn off the broiler and leave the peaches in the oven just until tips of meringue are browned, for about 20-30 seconds ( watch carefully and makes sure it don't burn ).

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I love Kiss My Spatula's recipes. This looks fantastic. I believe it was on my to do list.

My husband and I love meringue.

Family Cuisine Food And Recipe said...

Tasty ! Thank you very much for sharing. Cheers !

Unknown said...

Miranda : Thanks for your comment. You & your hubby will sure love it!!!

Family Cuisine : Thanks so much and you'll sure love it!!!