Sunday, January 25, 2009
200 g peanuts
200 g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100 g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100 g peanut oil
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten with 1 tsp water - for egg wash
1. Preheat oven at 350 F. In the wok, add the peanuts and dry fry over low heat until crunchy.
2. Blend the peanuts into fine powder.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and icing sugar. Then add in the peanut powder and salt. Mix it well.
4. Add in the peanut oil and mix till a piable dough is formed. Then on a floured surface knead the dough with hands.
5. With a cookie dough scoop, scoop the dough to the prepared baking sheets. Then with the head of the chopstick, made a nice little hole on top of the cookies.
6. Brush the top of the cookies with egg wash.
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Let it cool completely before store in the container.