Wednesday, December 10, 2008
STEAMED PUMPKIN CAKE
I had a pumpkin since last month....and don't what to do with it until I found in the website about steaming pumpkin cakes. So I give it a tried and it comes out really good and deliciouso!!!
300 g pumpkin (remove seeds and hard skin, then shredded it)
4 shallots (thinly sliced)
1 cup dried shrimp, soaked, drained and diced
8 shitake dried mushroom, soaked, drained and diced
3 chinese sausage (lap cheung), diced
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 scallion, diced
Seasoning Ingredients :
1 tsp white pepper
1 tbsp Shoaxing cooking wine
1 1/2 tsp salt
500 g rice flour
140 g wheat starch
1500 ml water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp five-spice powder
1. Mix the batter ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and sautee the shallots until golden brown. Reserved 1/2 for garnishing. Add in the dried shrimps, chinese sausages and mushrooms, stir fry until aromatic for about 5 minutes. Season with the seasoning ingredients.
3. Then add the shreded pumpkin and continue to cook until the pumpkin become soft.
4. Pour in the flour solution into the wok and continue to cook the mixture until it turns into a sticky paste. Pour the paste into a greased 9 inch round pan and steam at high for 1 hour.
5. While waiting for the cake, mix the fried shallot, scallion and reserved 1/2 garnishing.
5. Remove the cake from the steamer and firmly pressed on the garnishing mixture on top of the cake while it's hot. Cut the cake when it's completely cool and served with chili sauce.