Sunday, December 14, 2008
PUMPKIN PORRIDGE WITH DRIED OYSTERS & CHICKEN BALLS
3 qt low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup dried oysters, soaked till soft
1 lb minced chicken meat
1 tbsp tong chai (salted vegetable)
6 scallions, finely chopped
1 3/4 cup Jasmine rice, washed and drain
2 1/2 cup shredded pumpkin
some fried shallots for garnishing
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 tbsp light soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Shoaxing cooking wine
a pinch of salt and pepper
1. Marinate the minced chicken for 30 minutes.
2. In a 6 qt pot add in the rice, chicken broth and ginger to a boil.
3. Then add in the meat a tsp by a time and add in the dried oysters and shredded pumpkin. Stir occasionally to prevent burn from the bottom part.
4. Cook for about 30-45 minutes. Lastly add in the seasoning ingredients and dried shallots. Adjust the taste accordingly.
5. Serve hot with chopped scallions.