Tuesday, December 16, 2008
CHOCOLATE CANDY CANE COOKIES
I baked this cookies my son's Class Christmas Party tomorrow. I had this recipe from Kraft and it's very simple and easy to make.
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
6 oz white chocolate, melted
12 hard peppermint candies, crushed
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Blend in semi-sweet chocolate.
2. Roll 1 tbsp of dough into 52 balls. Close it tight and refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Roll each ball into 3 inch-long rope. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets, bending top of each slightly to resemble candy cane.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed and set; cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
5. Melt white chocolate and drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until chocolate is firm.