This one of my best pasta that most of my family and friends love it. I would like to share this recipe with all of you and hope you'll like it too.
1 pound fusilli pasta
2 (6oz) can albacore tuna in olive oil, drained
1 (26oz) jar marinara sauce or any of your favorite pasta sauce
1 (8oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained & chopped, oil reserved
1 tbsp drained capers
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 cup freshly chopped italian parsley leaves
1 small bag frozen sweet peas, thawed
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet add the reserved oil and onion. Cook it until the onion turns transparent then add in the garlic, tuna, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon peel and tomato sauce. Mix it well.
3. Using a fork, break the tuna into chunks. Simmer to blend the flavors, about 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
5. Then add in the sweet peas and toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
6. Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.