This kuih is one very famous in Malaysia and it's called Kuih Lapis or Kow Thien Ke ( 9 layers kuih in hokkien dialect )
800 ml can coconut cream
500 ml water
250 g sugar
250 g rice flour
60 g tapioca flour
50 g Hoon Kwee flour/green bean starch
3 pandan leaves, tied a knot
1/2 tsp salt
green and red color
1. In a medium pan, cook coconut cream, water, sugar and pandan leaves until boiled. Let it cool completely.
2. In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, tapioca flour, Hoon Kwee flour/green bean starch and salt. Stir to mix it well. Then add in the cool coconut mixture and mix it till incorporated.
3. Strained the mixture and divided to 3 bowls.
4. Add color to each bowl and left one with white color.
5. In high-heat, steam the 8" staeming pan for 5 minutes and turm the heat to low.
6. Add in 200 ml of white color coconut mixture to the steaming pan and steam for 10 minutes. Then add another layer of green color coconut mixture on top of the white layer and steam for 10 minutes and continue with the red color mixture.
7. Your last layer will be red color and steamed it for 20 minutes till the kuih is completely done with steaming.
8. Let it cool completely before cutting.