Monday, March 23, 2009
CLAYPOT CHICKEN RICE
2 chicken whole legs, cut into pieces
1 pair preserved Chinese sausage/Lap Cheong, sliced thinly
50 g salted fish, cubed
2 tbsp shredded ginger
2 tbsp shredded spring onion
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Shaoxing Hua Tiau wine
dash of dark soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp water
1. Mix the chicken leg pieces, spring onion and ginger with the seasoning and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a hot wok, stir fry salted fish until fragrant and set aside.
3. In a steamer, steam the marinate chicken in high heat for 20 minutes or until cooked.
4. Then add the washed rice in a claypot to cook in low heat. Once it cook, add in the preserved chinese sausage and cook another 15 minutes.
5. Lastly turn of the fire and add in the steamed chicken on top of the claypot rice with the salted fish and some dark soy sauce. Mix it well and served hot.