I should said that this is my kids and hubby's favorite. Everyone just want to have more rice in their bowls. This is a very famous dish in Malaysia when you go to the restaurants.
400 g pork belly, cut into thin sliced
1 small onion, quarter
6 thinly sliced salted fish
6 dried chilies
6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
4 pcs thick sliced ginger
6 tbsp hua tiau cooking wine
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1. Marinate the pork with the marinate ingredients for 1 hour.
2. In the heated claypot, add garlic and salted fish till fragrant in a over high flames. Then add the marinated pork belly and cooked until well blend.
3. Add in the onion, dried chilies and cooking wine until fragrant.
4. Then add in the water and bring to boil. Turn the fire to medium low for simmer about 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.
5. Serve hot with white rice.