Monday, February 9, 2009
BUTTER MOCHI CAKE
I went to the asian market today and I found a Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour at the counter. I grabbed two of them and when back home searching in the internet for recipe. Then I found this delicious recipe from Ono Kine Grindz website. The recipe just tastes like Kuih Bingka Ubi....give it a try and I promise you will like it!!!
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup superfine sugar
1 box (16 ounce) Mochiko sweet rice flour
1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
1 can (13.5 ounce) coconut milk
1/2 cup water
4 extra-large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Add butter to a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in the melted butter and sugar. With a hand mixer, mix it until creamy and well combined. Then add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Then add in the flour and baking powder, and continue to mix until well incorporated.
4. Combine the evaporated milk and water in a separate bowl. Whisk it till blend.
5. Add the mixed milk to the mochiko mixture in 2 parts and mixed it well between the addition of liquid.
6. Lastly, add in the coconut milk and mixed it till well blended.
7. Pour mixture into a 9"x13" baking pan and bake for 1 hour at 350F.
8. Promptly remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting.
9. Topped with shredded coconut if desired.