Is the time of the scary month again. October 31st is the day we'll celebrate Halloween Day in scary or cute costumes and fun foods with drinks. This celebration not only involved the kids but also adults....so...Happy Halloween !!!
This year I'm making this lemon cupcakes which is so yummy, moist and fluffy at the same time. Just love this recipe that I had created. Anyway....I decorated these cupcakes with rolled fondant ( I used a good quality fondant ) and created some scary eye balls, scary pumpkins and witches hats. You can make anything you like, as long it is scary enough to treat or trick the kids....ENJOY !!!
3 large eggs, at room temperature
150 g fine granulated sugar/caster sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
100 ml milk, at room temperature
210 g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp fine salt
2 lemon, zested
1 lemon, juiced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Place the cupcake liners in the 12 muffin cup tin.
2. In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy for about 5 minutes. Then gradually add the sugar and beat until pale and fluffy for about 15 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time until incorporated and then add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest.
3. Add the flour in 3 batches and the milk and lemon juice in 2 batches. Always start with dry ingredients then the wet ingredients. Always end with wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
Example : Add the flour, then the milk and lemon juice. Then again flour then the milk and lemon juice. And lastly the flour.
4. Using a ice-cream scoop, scoop the mixture to the lined muffin tins until at 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the water bath for about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
6. Leave cupcakes in the cupcake muffin tins for 3 minutes before taking out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Decorate the cupcakes with rolled fondant or any of your favorite frosting.