Last week while I was browsing the my favorite blogger pages, I came to this Rainbow Chiffon Cake which posted by My Kitchen Snippets.
Although is kind of lot of work but but the outcomes really pretty with all the Spring Color and it's tastes yummy too with all the different flavoring. It even taste better with a cup of tea, coffee or milk.
Here is the recipe I would like to share with you'll;
8 egg yolks
50 g fine granulated sugar
20 g milk powder
20 g cornstarch/cornflour
150 g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100 ml vegetable oil
100 ml coconut milk
8 egg whites
120 g fine granulated sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
A few drop of Pandan paste
A few drop of Pink coloring
A few drop of Strawberry flavoring
A few drop of Yellow coloring
A few drop of Lemon flavoring
2 oz of melted Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Sieve cake flour, cornstarch, milk powder, salt and baking powder. Mix it well and set it aside. In another bowl, combine the coconut milk and vegetable oil together.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the egg yolks and 50g of sugar until pale and well combined. Add the coconut milk and oil mixture. Mix it well. Lastly add in the flour mixture and mix it until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
4. Divide the cake mixture into 4 equal portions. Mix one portion with pandan paste, one with strawberry flavoring and pink color, another one with the melted chocolate and the last one with lemon flavoring and some yellow coloring. Mix all the cake mixture portions well and set it aside.
5. In a mixer, whisk all the Ingredients (B) on a high speed until soft peak. Divide the meringue into 4 equal portions and fold it into the individual color cake mixture. Pour each of the colored cake batter into an ungreased tube pan accordingly. Bake it for 50 minutes or until golden brown and tested skewer comes out clean.
6. Take out the cake from the oven and invert it immediately. Leave it to cool completely before removing the cake from the tube pan. Run a long sharp knife to the side and bottom of the tube pan to remove the cake. Cut the cake and serve.