As Christmas is approaching, I'm having a mood for baking some cookies and decorating my house. Nothing feel much better than Christmas time.....as we starting to buy gifts for our loves one and to the anyone that need our help on this special day.
150 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130 g powdered sugar
290 g cake flour
30 g almond flour
60 g eggs
2 g fine salt
14 hard candies, such as Jolly Rancher or Life Savers
1. Sift the cake flour and almond flour. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture in 2 batches and beat until just incorporated. Divide the dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
3. Meanwhile, separate the candy by color and place each color in a separate resealable plastic bag. Crush into small pieces using a rolling pin; do not pulverize.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Working with 1 piece of dough at a time, lightly dust the dough with flour and roll out between 2 pieces of parchment paper until about 1/8-inch thick. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 15 minutes. Cut into shapes using 2 to 4 inch cookie cutters and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Cut out shapes from the centers of the cookies using smaller cutters; fill the cut-out areas about two-third full with crush candy. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
NOTES: Gather the dough scraps and refrigerate until firm; re-roll once to cut out more cookies.
5. Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Bake the cookies, until the candy melts and the cookies are just golden, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then slowly peel off the cookies from the parchment paper, then transfer to racks to cool completely before storing.