Monday, November 24, 2008
This is one of my favourite kuih and I love to make it for my family and friends. I got this recepi from Lily Ng (http://www.liling2000.blogspot.com).
300g Glutinous rice, wash and soak in water for 4 hours, drain
180ml Coconut cream
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar
Egg Custard Layer
3 Large eggs
4 tbsp Flour
4 tbsp Rice Flour
350ml Coconut Cream
150g Castor sugar
1/2 tsp Pandan paste
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Drain rice and steam on 22cm tray for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, fluff up the rice and pour in the coconut cream, sugar and salt. Mix well. Steam for another 20-25 minutes or till cooked.
3. Using a spoon or spatula, press cooked glutinous rice firmly and use another tray to level pressed rice.
4. Sieve the 2 flours mixture and add them to lightly beaten eggs. Strain mixture. Add coconut cream, pandan paste, green color, salt and sugar.
5. Cook on high in the microwave, 1 minutes at a time until mixture is slightly thicken.
6. Pour 1/2 of this egg custard over the steamed glutinous rice and steam for 10-15 minutes until cooked. Use a fork and scratch surface, then pour in the balance egg custard and steam for another 10-15 minutes until cooked. Steaming this kuih for a nice smooth surface, the fire have to be low. Steaming time may vary depending on the heat of the steamer.
7. Cut the kuih in serving size when it's completely cooled.