Sunday, June 14, 2009

SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RICE


This is one of my special chicken rice which I make the sauce with my own recipe and the chicken with the hainanese style. Well...this dish is one of my family favorite and I loved to served it with the ABC Medium Sweet Dark Soy Sauce and some Siracha hot sauce.


These are the ingredients for the sauce - chopped garlic, shredded ginger and some green onions. In a wok, stir fry all the ingredients until fragrant and then add about 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of sesame oil and 2 tbsp of sugar. Adjust the flavor to the right taste and pour it in a bowl and set aside.


I boiled the chicken in a pot of hot boiled water with some sliced gingers for almost 30 minutes and turn off the fire with the lid remain closed for about 20 minutes. Then turn on the fire again and let it boil for 15 minutes and turn off the fire. Removed the chicken from the pot of water and rub it with 5 tbsp of sesame oil all over the chicken and the inside cavity too. Let it cool for 20 minutes before craving. The remaining of the soup, I used it for cooking the rice with some of the gingers too.


Served it hot with the sauce on top of the chicken with chicken rice

No comments: